ART VIDEOS, BOOKS, PUZZLES
PORTRAITURE PRICE LIST
Marilyn Todd-Daniels, Ed. D.
A multi-faceted career characterizes this dynamic Texan, born in Oklahoma during the dust bowl. Gallery artist, Associate Art Professor at Collin College in McKinney, illustrator, writer, musician and speaker she does them all.
"My heart soars in God's unfolding panorama of light and color. Each day brings fresh energy and insight as His Word illuminates new pathways, ideas. I paint with singing color, transformed and renewed daily. Expect fluid shifts in focus, like an eagle in flight, layers of paint and scrapings, rough and smooth transitions of pigment on canvas or paper. I am not contained in anyone's box, even my own past. After a life spent painting from all 48 contiguous states, America is now my backyard."
- 1958 - BFA from
the University of Oklahoma
- 1966 - MA in
painting and printmaking from Tulsa University
- 1980 - Ed.D.
in Higher Education on a Helen Jones Leadership Doctoral Fellowship
from Texas Tech, Lubbock
- Additional graduate
work at the Chicago Art Institute
- Founded WoodSong
Institute of Art at Whitewright, TX for studio/art workshops/educational
Travel / study
British Isles, Europe, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Mexico
Awards and Honors:
- Selection as a Fine Arts dissertation/thesis reader for Warnborough College in Canterbury, England, 2006
- Exhibited one week in U.S. Senate Russell Bldg., Washington, D.C., as part of the International Believers Art Exhibition. 1999, 2001, 2003
- Best of Show, Sherman Art League, 1983, 2003. Many additional awards in juried shows
- People's Choice Award, Horse Artist Association Annual Show (founding member)
- Over thirty-nine one woman exhibitions in galleries and museums, including the Kentucky Derby Museum in 1988
- Outstanding Educator of America, 1971, 1972
- Biblical Art Center in Dallas, TX. exhibited from 1999 to 2005
- Sacred Art Center, Great Passion Play, Eureka Springs, AR., 1999-2009 exhibit
Books and Magazine Covers:
- Wrote and published Thirty-Nine Stripes, Invitation to the Dance, 2003
- Todd Travels, calendar with illustrations of England's 1974 horse trials.
- Wrote and illustrated
forty articles for Equine Images Magazine (1987-1996)
- Wrote and published
The Complete Book of Equine Drawing, 1993
Freebee, the Story of a Good for Nothing Horse by Lynn Renau,
Herr House Press, 1996
- Are You Ready for War? Victoria Simpson-Linder
- Evening Service Booklet at Westminster Abbey Cathedral in London
(June 16, 2006 )
- Appaloosa News
- Quarter Horse
- Arabian Express
- Chronicle of
- Paso Fino Association
- Wrote and directed
two teaching tapes, Celebration of the Horse--Drawing I, Painting II
- I'll Rise
Again and Four Horsemen paintings featured on Earth's
Two Minute Warning by Jeremiah Films
Note: All rights reserved by Woodsong Institute of Art.
- Edition of three 5-color serigraphs, The Year of Happiness
- Eight limited
edition prints, four open editions
- Photo prints available for selected images
- Giclee prints available for the same selected images.
| Biography | Art Gallery
| Exclusive Offerings | Art Workshops